Publications of the Swedish Institute in Rome
The Swedish institute’s publications reflect scholarly work in the fields traditionally represented by the Institute: classical art and archaeology, classical philology, history of art and architecture.
The Editorial Board is responsible for the publications of the institutes of Rome and Athens. Manuscripts submitted for publication to the Editorial Board are subject to peer review, in order to evaluate the sufficiency of contribution and the technical standards.
For further information: www.ecsi.se
List of publications:
- Acta Instituti Romani Regni Sueciae. Skrifter utgivna av Svenska Institutet i Rom. Series prima in 4o
Series of monographic titles or collected essays (papers from conferences, seminars etc.). Published from 1932.
- Acta Instituti Romani Regni Sueciae. Skrifter utgivna av Svenska Institutet i Rom. Series altera in 8o
Series of monographic titles or collected essays (papers from conferences, seminars etc.). Published from 1939.
- Opuscula Romana
Periodical. The first 20 issues, published from 1954, were part of the series Acta in 4o. Between 1935 and 1952, 7 miscellaneous volumes were published in the Acta in 4o series with title Opuscula Archaeologica.
From 1996 this publication became a periodical, with subtitle Annual of the Swedish Institute in Rome. Opuscula Romana has ceased with issue 31-31 (2006-2007), and a new periodical will be published from 2008 with title:
- Opuscula. Annual of the Swedish Institutes at Athens and Rome
- Lectiones Boëthianae
This series is intended for the Axel Boëthius lectures. Axel Boëthius, archaeologist, was the first director of the Institute. The lectures are also published in Opuscula Romana.
- Suecoromana. Studia artis historiae Instituti Romani Regni Sueciae
Series of monographic titles or collected essays (papers from conferences, seminars etc.). Published from 1992.
From 2004 the Institute publishes an online series:
For oders: www.astromeditions.com (publications until 2007); www.ecsi.se (publications from 2008)
- B.E. Thomasson, Laterculi praesidum (on-line)
- B. Magnusson, J. Ahlklo (eds.), L'istituto Svedese di Studi Classici a Roma/The Swedish Institute of classical studies in Rome
- Babro Santillo Frizell, Lana, latte, carne. Paesaggi pastorali tra mito e realtà, Firenze 2010, Edizioni Polistampa