isvroma.it-inglese

  • Full Screen
  • Wide Screen
  • Narrow Screen
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

The building

E-mail Print PDF

Architect: Ivar Tengbom
Building leader: Oscar Sitte
Date of construction: 1938-1940, addition (guestwing/foresteria) 1964
Furnishing: Carl Malmsten (furniture), Märta Måås-Fjätterström, among others
The building was actualised after an agreement between the Swedish and the Italian states in 1937 and it is the property of the Swedish state. Both the original building and the addition were financed with funds from Knut and Alice Wallenberg’s fund. The aim was to offer an example of modern Swedish architecture and interior design. Prince Eugen, chairman of the interior decoration committee, painted a version of “The Cloud” (Molnet) for the conference room. In 1956 Olga Milles donated Carl Mille’s sculpture “Sun glitter” (Solglitter) to decorated the main square. The addition of a guest wing in 1964 was constructed by the architect firm, Anders Tengbom. During a new major rebuilding in 1987-88, a new seminar room was built.

You are here: About the Institute The building